Dominican Republic

ES
HOME  |  SITE MAP  |  CONTACTS
Dominican shield

News


15

MAR

2024

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents the 44.9% of GDP

As of February 29, 2024, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$55,201.1 million. This amount represents 44.9% of the estimated GDP.

The 70.7% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$39,038.5 million, while the remaining 29.3% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$946,052.1 million, equivalent to US$16,162.6 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=58.5334. These amounts represent 31.7% and 13.1% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,261.3 million (1.8% of GDP) corresponds to intergovernmental bonds debt issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intergovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see the

Public Debt Statistics as of February 29, 2024.

1/ Nominal GDP base 2007, consensus between BCRD, MH and MEPyD according to the latest framework revised in Aug-2023, RD$7,411,233.80 million, (US$123,005.7 million).



MORE IN THIS SECTION



Shortcuts

Shortcuts


Public Debt Strategy

Capital Market

Investors

Risk Management

Publications

Learning