Dominican Republic

ES
HOME  |  SITE MAP  |  CONTACTS
Dominican shield

News


19

DEC

2019

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents the 38.6% of GDP

As of November 30 of 2019, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$34,303.4 million. This amount represents 38.6% of the estimated GDP1.

The 67.0% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$22,998.59 million, while the remaining 33.0% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$596,706.05 million, equivalent to US$11,304.78 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=52.7835. These amounts represent 25.9% and 12.7% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,507.6 million (2.8% of GDP) corresponds to intragovernmental bonds debt issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intragovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see :

Public Debt Statistics as of Nov 30,2019.

1/ The GDP estimate for 2019 is according to the historical nominal GDP figures revised by the Central Bank in September 2019 and the nominal GDP annual growth for the year, agreed between Central Bank, MEPyD and Ministry of Finance. Estimated nominal GDP: RD$4,558,830.1 million, (US$88,952.8 million).

30

OCT

2019

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents the 38.5% of GDP

As of September 30, 2019, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$34,227.8 million. This amount represents 38.5% of the estimated GDP1.

The 67.5% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$23,095.3 million, while the remaining 32.5% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$581,137.1 million, equivalent to US$11,132.6 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=52.2016. These amounts represent 26.0% and 12.5% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,535.6 million (2.9% of GDP) corresponds to intragovernmental debt for bonds issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intragovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see :

Public Debt Statistics as of Sep 30,2019.

1/ The GDP estimate for 2019 is according to the historical nominal GDP figures revised by the Central Bank in September 2019 and the nominal GDP annual growth for the year, agreed between Central Bank, MEPyD and Ministry of Finance. Estimated nominal GDP: RD$4,558,830.1 million, (US$88,952.8 million).

17

SEP

2019

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents 39.1% of GDP

As of August 31, 2019, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$34,399.1 million. This amount represents 39.1% of the estimated GDP1.

The 67.3% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$23,140.27 million, while the remaining 32.7% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$576,219.25 million, equivalent to US$11,258.83 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=51.1793. These amounts represent 26.3% and 12.8% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,586.2 million (2.9% of GDP) corresponds to intragovernmental bonds debt issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intragovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see :

Public Debt Statistics as of Aug 31,2019.

1/ The GDP estimate for 2019 is according to the historical nominal GDP figures revised by the Central Bank in July 2019 and the nominal GDP annual growth for the year, agreed between Central Bank, MEPyD and Ministry of Finance. Estimated nominal GDP: RD$4,591,887.0 million, (US$88,007.0 million).



MORE IN THIS SECTION



Shortcuts

Presidency Videos

Logo of presidency