Dominican Republic

ES
HOME  |  SITE MAP  |  CONTACTS
Dominican shield

News


18

AUG

2022

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents 47.7% of GDP

As of July 31, 2022, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$51,994.9 million. This amount represents 47.7% of the estimated GDP1.

The 70.2% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$36,491.3 million, while the remaining 29.8% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$843,095.6 million, equivalent to US$15,503.6 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=54.3807. These amounts represent 33.5% and 14.2% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,434.0 million (2.2% of GDP) corresponds to intergovernmental bonds debt issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intergovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see :

Public Debt Statistics as of July 31, 2022.

1/ Nominal GDP base 2007, consensus between BCRD, MH and MEPyD according to the latest framework revised in Jun-2022, RD$6,171,961.30 million, (US$109,045.4 million).



MORE IN THIS SECTION



Shortcuts

Shortcuts


Public Debt Strategy

Capital Market

Investors

Risk Management

Publications

Learning