Dominican Republic

ES
HOME  |  SITE MAP  |  CONTACTS
Dominican shield

News


20

SEP

2021

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents 51.9% of GDP.

As of August 31, 2021, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$47,559.6 million. This amount represents 51.9% of the estimated GDP1.

The 69.6% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$33,121.4 million, while the remaining 30.4% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$820,093.6 million, equivalent to US$14,438.3 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=56.7999. These amounts represent 36.2% and 15.8% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,330.3 million (2.5% of GDP) corresponds to intragovernmental bonds debt issued by the Central Government for the recapitalization of the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic. The intragovernmental debt is that contracted by one government institution with another.

For more details, see :

Public Debt Statistics as of August 31, 2021.

1/ Nominal GDP base 2007, consensus between BCRD, MH and MEPyD according to the latest framework revised in Aug-2021, RD$5,294,509.00 million, (US$91,561.3 million).



MORE IN THIS SECTION



Shortcuts

Shortcuts


Public Debt Strategy

Capital Market

Investors

Risk Management

Publications

Learning